Monday, December 12, 2016

On the First Day of the Year

Here are two settings of a new hymn text for the first Sunday of the new year. Because New Year's Day falls on Sunday this time, I thought I should write an appropriate text for anyone who's looking for something "fresh" or who wants to start off 2017 with a "new song."
The first way I set it was to the REDHEAD tune ("Go to Dark Gethsemane") altered to repeat the first line, making it AABA form.
The second one will probably be easier to sing with most congregations since we've so recently sung "Hark! the Herald Angels Sing."
Please feel free to share this around the internet. The only reason I've resorted to posting my hymns is because I want them to be sung and not die a slow death in one of my file drawers! Permission to use in worship is printed at the bottom of each. [I think if you click on the image, you can save it... or send it!]  One of these days when hymnals come back into vogue, maybe I'll have more of them in print!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on any of the posts. They are sent to ME directly. Thanks for any feedback you would like to make.

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)