Wednesday, June 10, 2015

“In every change God faithful will remain.”

 “In every change God faithful will remain.”

Hymn: “Be Still, My Soul” – Katharina von Schlegel (1752)
Tune: FINLANDIA (Sibelius)

Change is inevitable. Have you heard that before? During my lifetime there have been more major changes than probably at any other time in history – especially socially and technologically.

I think I’ve said this previously, but the dictionary when I was in college defined the entry “computer” as “one who computes.” And here I sit typing on one, adding to a blog on the internet. When I think about it, that does not compute!

Most of us believer-types value greatly the faithfulness of God. For me, it is the most-valued attribute. And having gone through a lot of changes in the past several years (I won’t bore you with the details!), I am more aware than ever that the faithfulness of my God has not wavered.

This faithfulness which we attach to the changeless-in-change Deity is also at work in the less monumental alterations – the fluctuations – those changes which are tiny, almost unnoticed in our everyday existence. While I am glad to know that God is there in the seismic modifications, I am increasingly cognizant of his unaltered presence in those undetected changes.

In EVERY change – small, medium, large, extra-large - God faithful will remain.


A Rich Unaccompanied Arrangement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6HSrcTvMqU

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on any of the posts. They are sent to ME directly. Thanks for any feedback you would like to make.

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)