Wednesday, January 21, 2015

“But I long to rise in the arms of faith and be closer drawn to thee.”

Hymn: “I Am Thine, O Lord” – Fanny J. Crosby (1820-1915)
Tune: I AM THINE

There’s a mental picture we all have of a parent reaching down and picking up a waiting child. This hymnline re-paints that picture for us and allows us children of God to request a pick-me-up and a long-lasting embrace.

The child in us longs for some one-on-one time with Christ. “Can I be next,” we secretly say. The grown-up in us is reluctant to speak up, but we know the uplifting is something we desperately want, and the close-drawing is at the heart of our longing.

Like many hymnlines, this one pretty well speaks for itself. And it speaks for each of us.

Celtic Setting

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on any of the posts. They are sent to ME directly. Thanks for any feedback you would like to make.

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)