Thursday, November 13, 2014

“Who with me my burdens share? None but thee, dear Lord, none but thee.”

Hymn: “Just a Closer Walk with Thee” – Anonymous
Tune: CLOSER WALK

Beast of Burden. Lamb of God.

With the weight of the world heavy upon me, I trudge along under the load. At times I seem to enjoy pointing out to my fellow strugglers how cumbersome is my allotted baggage. Someone may say, “Can I help you with that?” -- to which I heroically respond, “No, I’ve got it.” What a liar I become.

I’ve mentioned before my envisioning Pilgrim in his progress, toting the knapsack of sin. Again, that image is before me. Can you bring that one up on your mind-screen?

We don’t think of a lamb as being a pack animal in this culture, but sheep are used around the world to carry things for their owners… not as much a llama or mules, but it is done. Perhaps if John had cried out by the Jordan, “Behold the Lamb of God who carries the burdens of the world,” we would have better understood the concept of allowing Christ to assist… not only with the bearing our sin but also with our everyday life-imposed burdens.

The closer walk with Jesus allows him to be of greater assistance. I’ve not done it, but those people who have ridden mules into the Grand Canyon on super-narrow pathways would probably get the picture I’m after here.

The song from FROZEN may be the hymn the Savior sings to us this day: “Let it go! Let it go! --Let me help.”


Patsy Cline and Willie Nelson Sing This Gospel Song

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on any of the posts. They are sent to ME directly. Thanks for any feedback you would like to make.

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)