Thursday, July 3, 2014

"Heaven's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee."

"Heaven's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee."

Hymn: “Abide with Me” – Henry F. Lyte (1793-1847)
Tune: EVENTIDE

This hymnline bears out that great truth from Psalm 30:5 that we may go to bed distressed, but in the morning all that angst is turned to joy. Okay, that was my loose translation, but that’s basically what it says to ME.

There is something about the morning light breaking through the window that seems to bring hope for the day ahead. Until we are totally alert and able to drag the problems of all our yesterdays back to the forefront of our brain -- for those few fleeting moments, the shadows of earth’s difficulties are erased by the early sun rays.

I admit that I have a propensity towards worry. Whatever comes my way, I am inclined to be anxious… even before there is a real problem! I need to be re-programmed in this area, and I am still working on it actually!

If I could just allow that “I can start all over from scratch” attitude to over-ride my worry button, wouldn’t it be a more pleasant way to approach whatever comes my way in the new day? Well, yes it would.

Tomorrow morning, remember this little post. Let earth’s vain shadows flee. Before you jump out of bed, jump out of worry… and jump with both feet into hope.

Cynthia Clawson Sings This Hymn 
Nobody does it better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on any of the posts. They are sent to ME directly. Thanks for any feedback you would like to make.

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)