Friday, November 15, 2013

"This is my Father's world! I rest me in the thought."


Hymn: “This Is My Father’s World” – Maltbie D. Babcock (1858-1901)
Tune: TERRA PATRIS

I can relax because my Heavenly Father is in control.

In the midst of turmoil and unrest – worldwide and within – I can truly be un-worried because unlike Leonardo DiCaprio, God IS the King of the World!

I am not one of those who believes that God created the world, then walked away to let it develop on its own. He did not invent the universe and unconcerned, step away from the control panel. As long as I am convinced that he is Omnipotent, I can rest me in that thought… and that on his timetable things will realign, and all will be well.

I’ve admitted already that I am a worrier, so this hymnline reminds me that I need not be. That doesn’t mean that I have conquered my worrying spirit, but in the overall big picture, I am at peace.

We’re always told to “just turn it over to God”; sometimes I think we need to turn it over to God’s timing. If the world… the universe… is his, and – as we’re told later in the hymn - “God is the Ruler yet,” we can face most any dilemma if we’re willing to wait.

The Augustana Choir Sings This Hymn

Fernando Ortega Sings This Hymn

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on any of the posts. They are sent to ME directly. Thanks for any feedback you would like to make.

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)

Hymnlines - Hemlines: Get it?! :)